I have just received the Liebster Award! I would like to thank Snuggles with Rainbows of The Golden Pot of Books for nominating me.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 bloggers who deserve recognition. Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. So this means my blog is loved, which I'm very happy about as I really enjoy writing it.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your blog post.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has posed for you.
3. Nominate bloggers who you think deserve The Liebster Award, and notify them.
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You cannot nominate your nominator!
11 Facts about the Yellow-Haired Reviewer:
1. I have a first class degree in Classical Civilisation (a fancy term for ancient history).
2. I have never dyed my hair.
3. I have been engaged since I was seventeen.
4. I am quite short at only 5 ft 3in.
5. But unfortunately, I cannot walk in heels!
6. I adore meat and would find it near-impossible to become a vegetarian.
7. I love beer - a Japanese brand called Asahi is my favourite.
8. I love languages and I speak French semi-fluently, and I know a little German, Japanese and Spanish. I can also read and write Latin and Ancient Greek.
9. I love books, and my top 5 favourite books at the moment are A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and Christine by Stephen King.10. I also love films, and my top 5 favourites at the moment are Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk till Dawn, An American Werewolf in London and The Dark Knight.
11. I can't stand to walk slowly.
Questions from my nominator:
1. What's your favourite colour and why?
Purple. I just like it; it suits me. It was a very prestigious colour in ancient Rome, reserved for the emperors or for triumphs. Most of my clothes are purple; I seem to gravitate towards it. I adore my purple converse.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I don’t know, maybe in a lovely little cottage in Cornwall, right on the coast. I love quaint little English sea side places like this - plus, proper Cornish ice cream rocks! Either that or Japan, I have a huge interest in all things Japanese, it looks like such an interesting place, and I adore Japanese cuisine.
3. What was your childhood dream career?
I had lots (inventor, actress, even a mermaid at one point) but one that always stuck with me was to be an author.
4. Are you an idealist or a realist?
Realist. I’m far too pessimistic to be an idealist.
5. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Snuggle up on the couch with a good book and some sort of tasty beverage.
6. Besides reading and reviewing books, what else occupies your time?
My postgrad degree.
7. What blogs do you like to stalk?
I frequent Musings of a Muse, Temptalia, Book Hollow, Nekomentsu and She Reads Novels.
8. Who is your favourite historical figure and why?
Augustus Caesar. He was so intelligent and completely transformed Rome.
9. Would you rather live in a mansion, apartment, shack or house?
10. Who is your favourite cartoon character?
Stewie Griffin from Family Guy.
11. Lastly, what's up?
Nothing much, I’m just very happy to have been given the Liebster Award!
11 questions for my nominees to answer:
1. What is your favourite book(s)?
2. If you could meet any character from any book, who would you choose to meet?
3. If you could invite any 5 famous people (dead or alive) to a dinner party, who would you invite?
4. If you could travel back in time to any time period, where / when would you go to?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. Do you prefer books or e-readers?
7. What is your favourite cuisine?
8. If you won the lottery, what would you spend the money on?
9. If you could live in any country in the world, where would you most like to live?
10. What is your favourite film?
11. What is your favourite animal?
Book Hollow at My Paranormal Book Reviews
Book Hollow at My Paranormal Book Reviews
Steph at Reading Wanderlust
Sophia at Bookwyrming Thoughts
Kayleigh at Kazzii Love Beauty